Watch the Bikeshare Right of Way Summit Video!
Check out NABSA’s Data Visualization of the 2016 Annual Survey Information HERE.
A more detailed data visualization is available for members through our members-only Knowledge Share Database.
The Future of NABSA: Update from the Executive Director
Check out slides from the 2017 NABSA Annual Conference Executive Director Update to find out where NABSA is headed in 2018. Click HERE for the slides.
Emerging Stationless Bikeshare Across North America
The following has been developed to help the North American Bikeshare Association respond to inquiries regarding the development of stationless bikeshare systems, or VC-backed dockless bike share companies, on the rise in North American cities. This document is intended to serve as an internal member resource. NABSA members are encouraged to use this document as a baseline, and also contact fellow member cities with questions.
NABSA Code of Conduct
The North American Bikeshare Association (NABSA) brings together the most knowledgeable and experienced individuals and organizations in the industry to support, promote and enhance bikeshare across North America. NABSA is the bikeshare industry’s only membership organization with representation from system owners, operators, host cities, equipment manufacturers and technology providers. As such, NABSA’s core values are:
- SAFETY: Bikeshare must be implemented safely. NABSA members must provide and maintain equipment consistent with local, state and federal safety and quality standards appropriate for shared-use bicycles.
- COMMUNITY FIRST: Bikeshare systems must reflect the needs and requirements of each community in which they operate. This means that in addition to being safe, reliable and user friendly, they must also comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. All operators and prospective operators should be respectful of existing local efforts, agreements and processes.
- COOPERATION: Bikeshare is part of the transportation network. NABSA members are committed to working cooperatively with other mobility providers to create an integrated system for our customers.
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: NABSA believes that the long-term success of the industry depends on providing a high-quality customer experience. This means that systems must make best efforts to clearly communicate pricing, policies and practices to riders.
- TRANSPARENCY: Hidden fees and confusing price structures damage the reputation and integrity of the bikeshare industry. NABSA members must be transparent when it comes to ride pricing and membership, and should willingly share anonymized trip, membership and other data on a regular basis.
- EQUITY: As NABSA continues to grow, its goal is to assist its members in providing bikeshare equitably to riders regardless of race, gender, income, age or immigration status. Member systems should make good-faith efforts to engage diverse communities that need low-cost, healthy transportation.
NABSA + PeopleForBikes Announcement
The North American Bike Share Association (NABSA) is excited to announce its partnership with the PeopleForBikes Coalition on legislative initiatives that affect bike sharing in the U.S.
The number of bike sharing systems nationwide has rapidly increased in the last five years and the two groups want to accelerate this growth by ensuring that legislative policy supports the increased interest and use of bike sharing. Click here for more details.
International Bike Share Database
NABSA, with the help of its members, have created the International Bikeshare Database to collect and share important information about North America’s bike-share services for the benefit of our members and the general public.